Our Christmas party 2018: 1,2,3 and Strike…
After a really classic event last year, this year we have focused on sporting activity. Our annual Christmas party took place at the bowling alley in Fulda. Afterwards we let the evening end with an extensive Asian buffet.
The whole team had a lot of fun this evening. Especially the three winners of the bowling game, who could enjoy real prizes. Amazing: Two of our employees could even bowl a Turkey (three strikes in series)…
Fun facts about bowling:
- Bowling is the result of the bowling ban of 1837 (They wanted to prevent gambling and fraud).
- The largest bowling alley in the world is in Japan and has 116 lanes!
- What is a “Golden Turkey”? – You have to do 9 strikes at a time… (Turkey= 3 strikes in a row and “Wild Turkey” 6 strikes)
- It’s called Bowling Ball, not Bowling “Kugel” (in german)!
- In the white house there is also a bowling alley.
- There are bowling balls with the numbers 6-16. The smallest weighs 2.7 kg, the heaviest 7.2 kg.
It was a lot of fun for us and will surely repeat that. So in this sense: To many more strikes in the new year!
And for all those who can’t get enough: There’s a bowling club in Fulda…